Thursday 26 January 2012

Day 67 (photos)

I am still feeling well and I think that my skin continues to improve. It certainly feels more supple and flexible and has lost a lot of the stiffness and dryness that made life uncomfortable. It feels like healing is talking place within the deep skin layers.

I am flaking less, but some areas are stiill a bit flaky, and it seems like the skin is renewing itself every day.

I am posting some more photos today, as I feel like there is abig difference between my skin today and yesterday, although I am not sure how apparent it will be in the photos as it is hard to get the same level of lighting to show the colour of the skin.
If you compare this photo of my arm with the one I took a few days ago, the skin looks a lot smoother and it has lost the dry, wrinkly appearance. It is still a little bit pink, and the skin is not normal yet, but it is heading in the right direction. I am hoping that when we get some sunshine in a few months time, I can bare my arms and it will help them to heal as DR Rapaport is a big advocate of sunlight as a healer.

I am so glad I can now actually see white skin on my neck! This is SO much better than the first photo I took of my neck at the start of withdrawal, when the whole area was bright red and shiny. Now there is just a small pink blotchy area. I am very hopeful that this will improve over the next few months, and I am really glad it has stopped oozing.
My leg looks completely different to yesterday's photo. It still looks sore, but it does feel better and I do think it is healing. I can walk a bit better and movement is improved.

I know I'm still blotchy and pink, and I won't be entering Miss World any time soon, but I am so happy with my progress and I know I am on the road to better skin without the steroid creams!

No comments: