Monday 9 January 2012

Day 50 Progress

Wow, I can't believe I am on day 50 already. The time has gone surprisingly quickly.

After a couple of really good days last week, I came down to earth again with a bump when my neck and chest started oozing again. I hadn't experienced any oozing for a week or so and genuinely thought that I was over that phase, so it feels like a bit of a setback. When I lie in bed, my skin gets wet on the side that I am lying on, so it is very hard to get comfortable. The ooze is watery but slightly sticky and dries quickly when exposed to air, leaving very tight dry skin behind.

I have also started experiencing wetness on the backs of my knees and some areas of my legs. The tightness makes it very uncomfortable to walk, as it feels like my legs are going to split at the back.

I spent yesterday resting up as much as I could, though sleep is very difficult and almost impossible. I lie awake until the early hours and then catch some sleep before waking in a dried out state with wet areas on my neck and chest. I have to force myself out of bed because I have kids to get ready for school. I don't know how people hold down jobs when going through steroid withdrawal as everyday tasks become insurmountable obstacles.

On the plus side, I still don't consider myself to be in another full blown flare just yet, as there is huge improvement on the rest of my skin, particularly the stomach area, which is baby soft. My thighs are ok and my arms and face are continuing to improve, so it isn't all bad news. Different areas take different times to heal, and areas that got a lot of steroid cream may take the longest. I'm pretty sure I am going to heal quickly if I can just get my neck to improve. I think I have more good areas than bad at the moment and I am hoping that the next 50 days will be even better.

No comments: