Monday 2 January 2012

Day 43 Amazing Pictures From Dr Fukaya

Today was a really low point for me. I am fed up of waking up every morning with wetness on my chest and behind my ears and dry flaky skin over my neck and shoulders, so tight I cannot move my head.

I am fed up from lack of sleep and waking up at 3:00 a.m. itching madly.

I spent most of today in tears. The only consolation for me was reviewing the amazing pictures on Dr Fukaya's article and reminding myself that my skin will heal eventually.

It is so sad that there is so much igorance and denial in the general medical profession concerning topical steroid rebound, steroid erythema and tachyphylaxis. Those brave enough to speak out like Dr Fukaya and Dr Rapaport are leading the way in changing perceptions about topical steroids.

No comments: