Hi. I know it’s been years since I updated this thing but as anyone who has done through the other side of TSW knows, once the hell is over and you are out there living your life, you don’t really want to look back. Anyway, I thought it was time for a little update as I have had some skin stuff going on, but hopefully not TSW related.
ALSO I just looked at the blog stats and we have passed the million mark! So thank for everyone who has stuck by me and read this little blog over the years, I hope it has helped you.
When I started this, social media wasn’t a big thing like it is now, and it’s thanks to social media that TSW has now become much more well known than it was back in 2011 when I stopped the steroids. I am so glad that the knowledge is out there now and that scientists and dermatologists recognize TSW as a real thing.
Anyway…back to the skin stuff…a few years ago I noticed a little scab by my eye that would not heal. The dermatologists were a bit divided about what it was and it took a long time to get it treated. One dermatologist said it was basal cell, a type of skin cancer. She gave me chemo cream called Efudix that resolved it.
A year later, the blob returned, and because the chemo cream had failed to heal it, I was scheduled for Mohs surgery.
Although I was scared, the surgery was fine. The surgeon and team were amazing and cut out a small area of skin, which had clear margins, so all of the cancer was gone. They then stitched me back up and I’m currently recovering at home, putting Vaseline on the wound daily until it heals.
Like I say, I doubt it’s related the TSW, but PLEASE if you are reading this, this is your reminder to wear sunscreen and a hat, which is something I didn’t do as I thought the sun was good for my skin!
All’s well that ends well. I should try and check in here more and I am sorry for the radio silence, but post TSW life really is good and I don’t have as much time for the blog as I used to.
My archives are still here for anyone curious about the TSW healing process.
Love to all, and here’s to the next million page views!
No comments:
Post a Comment