Thursday 28 August 2014

Shocking Documents About Steroid Cream Abuse

Back in the early days of TSW, I used to do a lot of research. I have slacked off a bit recently.

However, I recently uncovered a lot of information on the internet from India, where steroid creams, particularly unregulated ones, are causing a huge problem because people use them as fairness creams to lighten their skin.

I found a document with shocking pictures of the damage that unregulated, potent steroids have done to the faces of innocent people. It is so sad to see, but it is a very useful document to print off and show doctors who don't believe that this is a real condition.

In India, they call the condition TSDF, or Topical Steroid Damaged Face.

If you are interested in the subject, Googling the term will bring to to several more interesting articles, as well as a Facebook page dedicated to stopping the use of these creams.

I also found a sad article about a little baby only 6 months old who had been prescribed a potent steroid by a quack doctor. I hope the baby is ok now.

The group publicising this information have their own petition, asking that the sale of OTC steroids in India be stopped. You can sign the petition here. They have 850 signatures, so if all of the itsan people can get behind them too, we could make a real difference.

2 comments:

Wynter said...

I signed the petition. Shared it on facebook.. hopefully it will make a difference.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I always love hearing your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

You're doing such good work. My heart goes out to you and all those affected.