Saturday 15 September 2012

Day 310 Shedding Less

I am noticing that I hardly need to use any moisturiser these days. My skin seems to be regaining its natural oils and is becoming smooth and supple. I am also shedding and flaking a lot less, which is good news for my floor and computer keyboard. I'm still not quite right though, because when I use the ipad, I still have to wipe off the dead flakes after use! I have often joked that I could build a clone of myself out of all the dead skin I have hoovered up over the last few months!

It will be interesting to see how the winter weather affects my skin. We will be using the central heating more and wearing more layers of clothing. The harsh outdoor weather may also affect it adversely. I am definitely noticing a nip in the air. I started steroid withdrawals in the wintertime, but in the early stages, didn't go out much. I remember that at the time I enjoyed the sensation of the cold wind on my face because my skin felt like it was burning.

A few people are posting photos on the itsan site. Photos are a great way to chart progress. Some of them are really hard to look at because they bring back memories of how my skin used to be and I really empathise with these people. I hope they heal soon and are able to post some great photos of their "new" skin in the coming months.

No comments: