Tuesday 4 September 2012

Day 299 (photos)

My skin is flaring for the first time in months, one day off from my 300 day milestone. Boo.

I was out shopping in the supermarket and the left side of my face felt hot. When I looked in the mirror, the skin was red, rough and burning. The other side of my face was fine.

It was disheartening to say the least. I really thought I had put the whole flaring thing behind me. I have no idea why my skin is flaring, or why on that particular side only.

I hope it is just a short phase. The skin is itchy, burning and it feels like the nerves are tingling. It is horrible.

I don't think there is much chance of being completely healed by my 1 year milestone in November.

I guess my skin is reminding me that this journey is not over yet.

Compare this side of my face........

....with this side! It gives a whole new meaning to the photographer getting my "good side", doesn't it?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Louise,
It is so strange that only half side of your face flare huh? But the other side of your face looks so fine and normal already.. That's so great. I think the flares will only last for few days and will be gone soon, hope the flares gone soon. But I think you've nothing to worry since the other half of your face looks so fine already, so happy for you.. Hope to hear good news from you soon :)

Louise said...

Thanks Emily. You are lovely and so encouraging. I hope to post some good photos soon to cheer everyone up. X