Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 233 Scientific Evidence For TSW

My skin is still pretty good, although my scalp seems very itchy! Someone commented today on how good my skin looks since I quit steroids, which was a nice confidence booster.

Some people claim that the evidence, or science behind Red Skin Syndrome and topical steroid addiction is scant. I do not believe this to be true. Since by steroid journey started, I have found many articles from sites all around the world that show that TSA is very real. I feel that these articles need to be collected and put together in one place for reference.

Pubmed are a good source of articles by doctors and dermatologists on steroid addiction. Check this one out for example:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1982750/

Scientists have been writing about steroid rebound for years. Why do so many choose to ignore the evidence?

No comments: