Thursday 7 June 2012

Day 200 Trip to Safari Park

Happy day 200 to me! Yay!

Life is good. Life is normal.

We took the kids to the Safari Park today. The weather was absolutely awful (British Summer, typical).

We got drenched from top to toe in the fairground. Our clothes were so wet you could wring them out.

Despite this, we had a great time. We enjoyed the animals and the kids enjoyed the fairground rides.

And guess what?

My skin didn't bother me at all.

The moral of the tale is this: If you are in the early stages of steroid withdrawal, take heart. A few months ago, I was laid up on the settee with no energy and burning oozing skin. I wondered if all this talk of a cure was really true. I feel so much better now. Time really does heal. People keep coming up to me and telling me how much better my skin looks.

So many people give up in the early stages of topical steroid withdrawal because the symptoms are absolute hell and will leave your whole world grinding to a halt for several months.

But I'm glad I stuck with it.

It was worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Congratulations Lou! So happy for you.
How is your skin compared to when you were using tsc's?

Louise said...

Hi Nat.

I would actually say that it is now at a point where it is BETTER that when I was using the steroid creams.

The skin is thicker and smoother and i am not getting secondary infections like the coldsores that used to plague me. The steroid rosacea on the sides of my nose has also gone.

I have seen massive improvement.