Thursday 31 May 2012

Day 193 TSW Book For Kids

Not much to report skin-wise, as things are about the same. My skin is relatively calm and not giving me too much trouble at all. It was doing quite well due to the sunny weather, but unfortunately it is raining here in the UK again, and we have likely had our allocation of sunshine for the year!

I have been working on an exciting project for itsan. It is all a bit "hush-hush" at the moment, but the idea is to write a storybook for kids that is directed at families coping with steroid withdrawal. From experience, I know how hard it is going through this skin hell and it must be really hard for little children, who don't really understand what is going on.

With this in mind, I spent the best part of today writing a kids story (They say everyone has at least one book in them). I have sent a draft copy to a couple of itsan board members to see what they think, but I really hope that something comes of it. I'm not saying any more about the story until I get some feedback, as I may end up re-writing the whole thing if they don't like it. Itsan has had lots of children who have come through the withdrawal process and are now 100% healed, and I would love them to do the illustrations for the book if it ends up being published.

Watch this space......

No comments: