Sunday 29 April 2012

Day 161 Short Flare

My skin has descended into another mini-flare over the weekend. I thought I had seen the last of the oozing, but last night I woke up in the early hours with sticky ooze on my elbow flexures, chest and neck. The ooze was nowhere near as intense as previously, but it seemed like a huge step backward for me. I currently have no flaky skin, but plenty of red, juicy skin, which feels tender. My kids want hugs, but I wince with pain when they hold me tight!

I try to be philosophical and view each flare like a dose of medicine, necessary in order to heal a little more. I know that these flares are short lived, now, fizzing out after 2 or 3 days, and that helps keep me strong. The periods between flares are longer now, usually a week or more. In the beginning of withdrawals, I would have weeks of flares with the odd break, but it is the other way round now.

I know stress is a major cause of flaring, and am a little concerned, as I am due to move house in the next couple of weeks. I am sure that the upheaval of moving will cause my skin to go crazy, but I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I feel grateful that at least I have five months under my belt and I am in a good position to help and share experiences with the many new people that come to the forum every day, looking for answers.

Every day is a day closer to healing.

No comments: