Monday 16 April 2012

Day 148 (photos)

OK, so I finally got round to posting some photos, despite the fact that I am super busy running round after 2 kids with chickenpox! I thought that it would be a good idea to do some before and after pictures to show the recent improvement:

Before:
You can see how sore and red I was on this photo. I look like a tomato!

After:
I took this one a couple of minutes ago. My face is returning to its normal colour and looks a lot less sore. I used lots of strong steroids on my face over a long period of time, so it will take for my skin to return to normal, but I am pretty happy with the results so far (5 months in), and I am not too self concious about my face anymore.

Before:

This wet wound on my calf has been a real nuisance. It has been oozing for months now and I have treated it with moist wound healing methods of vaseline and dressings which I change frequently.
After:

This is the same leg today. Have to dress the area frequently, but it is a lot better than it was!

Before:


Crusty leg. Not pleasant!

After:


The same leg today. A little red, but no dryness and good flexibility. A big improvement!

Hopefully these pictures show that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Improvement seems slow and is often likened to watching hair grow, but it DOES happen. Every time I post a photo it is so much better than the last. I can't wait to post one of me with perfect skin!

3 comments:

Sage Ryza said...

You look great, Louise! So happy to see your improvement.
Susan

Joey V. said...

Happy for you Louise!

Libby said...

Looking good Louise x