Thursday 15 March 2012

Day 116 ITSAN is go!!!!

My skin is still very dry and papery, which I don't mind too much. It is a nice change from the red flare.

The skin is very sensitive. Last night it even reacted to the cetaphil that I used to clean my face. It will not tolerate anything on it at all. It got some sun, which I don't think did it any good. I still think I am too early in withdrawals to tolerate sun on my face.

ITSAN is moving on apace. Kelly has had some cards made up:
I am going to print off some cards and take them to my local doctors surgery. If topical steroid addiction has affected you, please save the image above to your computer and print off some cards yourself to distribute at doctors surgeries, pharmacies and hospitals. We need to get the message out there and stop the suffering.

Kelly has used the image of the red arm and white palm, which is so characteristic of steroid withdrawal. Everyone who is addicted and stops using steroid creams will develop this symptom within the first week or so of withdrawal. It is a good way to tell whether what you are suffering from is indeed TSW or Red Skin Syndrome.

I am really excited about ITSAN, the International topical steroid addiction network. I think that it is a good way to educate people about the dangers of steroid cream overuse.

2 comments:

Whitelab Maira said...

Hello from the Malaysian Topical Steroid Addiction Network

My name is Farah Rahim and I am the co-founder of AAE Support Group on Facebook which is the bigger picture of Malaysian Topical Steroid Addiction Network

We are using your articles and information on your Google group and translating it to Malay to help our group members.

Its nice to know you Kelly. We fully support you on this

Louise said...

Hi Farah.

It is so good to know that this is going global. I wish your group every success and best wishes.