Monday 5 October 2015

Big Improvements at Last!

Just a quick update to show everyone my improvement photos, as my last post was a bit depressing. Since then, things have been on the up and I've seen a lot of improvements in my skin.

I'm not sure what to attribute the improvements to, as flares can come and go and sometimes we can make links and connections that aren't really causes. However, I will mention  a few things that MIGHT be the cause of my improvement:

Time (ha ha! I'm almost 46 months in now!)
Quercetin. I've been taking 2 tablets daily. Its a natural antihistamine.
Vitamin D. I'm back to megadosing on the D now that the weather is darker.
Sun. Its been surprisingly sunny here in the UK for the time of year.
Lower dose of steroid inhaler and using a spacer to prevent the steroid touching my skin. I also rinse my mouth afterward.

So here are my photos. I tried to get them as close to last months positions as I could to allow easy comparison:


I'm still not perfect, but I'm really happy with how much better my skin looks and feels compared to when I last blogged.

Hope everyone sees improvements in their skin soon. Keep soldiering on, folks!

6 comments:

Cara Ward said...

Wonderful news Louise! So happy for you. Been following your blog since the beginning of my withdrawal in June 2013 and your blog has helped me get better - doing so well atm :)
Cara xxx

Cara Ward said...

Wonderful news Louise! So happy for you. Been following your blog since the beginning of my withdrawal in June 2013 and your blog has helped me get better - doing so well atm :)
Cara xxx

Louise said...

Thanks Cara. If this blog helps someone, it makes me very happy!

Wynter said...

Great to hear Louise :) I hope it stays that way for a long time!

THH said...

So glad to read, Louise!! Blessings!!

Ruby said...

Hi Louise! That's great to hear! Hope you and your family are well.

Love Ruby Red