Thursday 23 April 2015

Apple Cider Vinegar, Epsom Salts and Jojoba Oil

These are a few of my favourite things...

Now I'm in the later stages of withdrawal, it is just a case of maintenance mode. Now the sunshine is here, it feels like my skin is finally waking up after hibernation and I'm seeing great improvements every day. I will post some photos soon, but this is a rush blog post as I have a full-on day today.

Anyway, as I was saying, my three absolute favourite things right now are ACV, Epsom salts and jojoba oil. They are TSW staples.

For me, there is nothing more soothing than a soak in the bath with about 200g salts and a good slug of ACV. It doesn't sting, but it alleviates the soreness and seems to dry up any oozy and sore bits. There is also anecdotal evidence that it keeps infection at bay and people have been using apple cider vinegar for centuries for skin ailments. I know it sounds weird, but I like drinking the ACV with water too (not the bath water though!).

The jojoba oil is gorgeous and penetrates the skin quickly. It is the closest thing to your own skin oils that you can use. My skin tolerates it well and it's all I need nowadays for moisturising. If your skin is very dry, you could apply it straight after a bath or even put a few drops in the bath.

Hope everyone is OK. I'm off out to enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: