Sunday 15 December 2013

Music to Help Us Through Topical Steroid Withdrawal

Last week, I had posted about how sad and helpless I was feeling during the TSW process and in response, one of my lovely blog readers, Ozzy, wrote a post especially for me to cheer me up! The post included a Jessie J video, "Who You Are" which had lyrics especially appropriate to our situation...


I stare at my reflection in the mirror:
"Why am I doing this to myself?"
Losing my mind on a tiny error,
I nearly left the real me on the shelf.
No, no, no, no, no...

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are!


There is a brilliant thread on the Itsan forum about TSW anthems and music to get us through TSW. Here are some suggestions:

Fighter by Christina Aguilera:

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter


The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve:

Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again


Beat It By Michael Jackson:

You better run, you better do what you can
Don't want to see no blood, don't be a macho man
You want to be tough, better do what you can
So beat it, but you want to be bad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it, beat it


Last week I went with my daughter to see the new Disney movie, Frozen. The songs in the film are really good, but a couple of lyrics  made me think of my TSW journey.


It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
 And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all
 Up here in the cold thin air I finally can breathe
 I know left a life behind but I'm to relieved to grieve

Let it go, let it go
 Can't hold you back anymore
 Let it go, let it go,
 Turn my back and slam the door
 And here I stand
 And here I'll stay
 Let it go, let it go
 The cold never bothered me anyway


I hope you enjoyed my TSW anthems! Please feel free to share yours in the comments section at the bottom of the post.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these! I've been watching that Frozen Clip a lot lately. The fiance and I are going to see it tomorrow!

My fiance and I try to bring humor into TSW. Some of our favorite songs: Bed of Nails-Alice Cooper
(A bed of nails sounds quite relieving when you have tsw!) We also like the chorus in this song, helps while you're scratching.

"Ow! Ow! OW OW OW!"

We also sing the Jeepers Creepers song with new lyrics.

"Jeepers Creepers, weepers on yer peepers!"

Hope these made you smile!

http://catrstephens.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

Bed of nails-brilliant!

It's great to keep a sense of humour during this process, otherwise we would all go crazy.

Hope you enjoy the movie. My daughter loved it so much she went to see it again the following week and she keeps dancing round the house singing the songs!