Thursday 28 November 2013

Sing Along Time!

I'm in a silly mood today, so I thought I would get everyone in a singing mood with a TSW anthem. It is based on the song "The Ugly Duckling" with a few words changed.

There once was an ugly duckling
With skin all flaky and red
And the other birds said in so many words
Get out of bed
Get out, get out, get out of bed!
 
And she went with a scratch and a waddle and a scratch
Sadly shaking her oozing head

That poor little ugly duckling
Gave an unhappy moan
 But at every place they saw her red face
Derms said: "Betamethasone".
Betametha...Betametha...Betamethasone!

And she went with a scratch and a waddle and a scratch
And a very unhappy groan.

All through the wintertime she hid herself away
Ashamed to show her face, afraid of what others might say
All through the winter, watching reruns on TV
Till a flock of swans spied her there and very soon agreed
You’re a very fine swan indeed!

A swan? Me a swan? Ah, go on!
And they said yes, you’re a swan
Take a look at yourself in the mirror and you’ll see
And she looked, and he saw, and he said
I am a swan! Wheeeeeeee!

I’m not such an ugly duckling
No skin all flaky and red
For in fact these birds in so many words said
Girl, you'll turn heads!


Not an itch, not a scratch, no more flaky oozy patch
But a glide and a whistle and a smooth white front and back
And a head so noble and high
Say who’s an ugly duckling?
Not I!
Not I!

3 comments:

Minnie-Cat said...

Ahaha! Louise! Wanna make me cry and smile at the same time!))) Oh, i wish we all could be swans soon!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious and so creative :):)
Thanks Louise, for updating your blog so frequently and constantly providing support for all TSWers.
Your posts are always helpful in one way or another!

Hope your skin's doing great,
MP

Joey V. said...

You are one creative thinker and writer! Love the ugly duckling as I've been one many times in life and don't much care anymore what others think as long as I'm comfy in my "own skin." ;) xx