Thursday 10 October 2013

Interview With Scratchy Monster

Since the release of theTaming the Scratchy Monster, everyone's favourite villain has been on a bit of a world tour. We welcome him into the studio for a rare interview.



LJ Hey Scratchy, how is it going?

SM Pretty hectic. Since the book release I have been going global. Whew, its tiring. Itsan has been shipping my book out to lots of different countries, in the hope that my story will help kids going through TSW.

LJ Sounds interesting.

SM It is. To date, Itsan has shipped over 100 books around the world and we are getting lots of great feedback about the story.

LJ Tell me about your adventures in Singapore....

SM A nice lady called Grace has a shop over there and decided to stock my book because it would be useful for parents and kids.
LJ Great. It looks very smart on the shelf there. Very eye-catching.

SM Yeah, I do look pretty good on that cover art, don't I? I think Gloria captured my good side.

LJ So tell us, are the Facebook rumours about the book being translated into Japanese true?

SM Couldn't possibly comment...I always thought my story would look fantastic as an anime cartoon though...


LJ So I hear you are gaining a bit of a fanbase with the parent bloggers out there.

SM What can I say? I'm just so darn lovable. Did you know that one little girl even wrote a song about me?

LJ Yeah, I heard that. Wanna sing it for us?

SM (out of tune)

"Itchy Monster, you're not on me!
Itchy Monster, you're not on me!!

Itchy Monster, you're not on meeeeeee!!!
Never, never, no, never ever! Not on meeee!!"

Sissy wrote that. She thought it would cheer up her baby brother Isaiah. You can read about him on his blog.

LJ I'm so glad the kids are loving the book. One more question Scratchy, when are you going to leave me alone for good? I'm still a bit itchy after nearly 2 years off steroids.

SM Yeah, but you used them for 15 years! You can't expect me to give up on you that easily.

LJ I will beat you Scratchy Monster!!!


Taming the Scratchy Monster is available via Itsan.org. All money raised from the book goes directly to Itsan to raise awareness about Topical Steroid Withdrawal.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great interview, Scratchy! When can we expect to see you on Newsnight opposite Paxman? I have some questions I'd like to forward him...

: D

xxx