Tuesday 26 March 2013

More Bad Skin Photos (sorry)

Another cold night and I'm sad to say that I'm still flaring. I woke up about 4:00 a.m. again to a soaking wet neck and face. It was hard to get comfortable. I lost another layer of skin off my neck in my sleep and it is even tighter today.

Unfortunately, there is a concert on at the school, so I have to go and watch the kids sing in a boiling hot school hall. I have laid off the hemp cream today, because it stinks and I don't want the smell of hemp wafting off me during the concert....

So here are todays photos. They are not for the fainthearted.
Lots of cuts in my neck where the skin has stretched and split. I am walking around holding my neck rigid, looking like I am wearing a neck brace.
The other side of my neck. You can see how red the skin is. The oozing is the blood serum leaking out from the skin as the blood vessels expand. I have lots of wet creases in my neck from the oozing in the night. They sting like hell.

My miserable face! Generally red, flaky and sore from oozing all night.
OK I know this is a weird shot and I look a bit like ET on this one, but I wanted to show how bad my chin is! I have a deep ridge under my chin where the skin has cracked. It is very sore.

My son was off school yesterday (snow day) and he wanted to know why I had the camera. I told him I was taking pictures for the blog.

"I've seen your blog...." he said.
"...its just loads of weird pictures of your face and neck."

Erm...well, I guess he is right.

16 months in folks! It is a L-O-N-G road. Moral of the tale; don't use steroid creams in the first place, especially not on your FACE AND NECK!!!!!


8 comments:

Gene said...

Stay strong! Better days lie ahead! This phase will pass.

kelou said...

Lou, I am sorry chick. Think this weather is a killer for the skin, surely spring will help!

x

Louise said...

Thanks guys, every bit of encouragement helps! X

Anonymous said...

hang in there! you have been through so much, you just have a little bit more to go. Sun will be there soon and I hope you get some relief!!!

Anonymous said...

You have come so far!!! Hopefully this is the last of the weeping oozing flares. The neck is such a bad place to have this as you're reminded of it every time you turn your neck. But your progress so far is inspiring to me!

Louise said...

Thank you both. Loving your blogs. X

johnboy said...

sorry to see that your having a rough time again . sure things will soon pick up again . well done on the inhalor usage . keep going louise .

The Great Gatsby said...

Louise lets skype sometime!!! its Brendan from the itsan forum we are around the same length of withdrawal and seem to both have similar symptoms. Thought it could be good to chat to another person in similar stages :)

Add me on skype: brendan_lake

or email me: brendanlake@live.com

Look forward to hearing from you