Monday 4 March 2013

Coming Out of My Flare

The last flare lasted 10 days and laid me low again. My neck and face oozed and I was bright red. Then, on Wednesday night, without warning, the oozing stopped. I have been OK ever since.

The skin is needing less moisturiser and is looking good. It is still a bit pink, but texture-wise it is good. It is always easy to gauge how my skin is doing by noting how often I post on the blog. When I post every day, the skin is bad. When there are long gaps between posts, it means I am out living my life! I just squeezed today's post in, but have to nip out again in a minute to fetch the kids from school!

Over on the Itsan forum, check out the post from a guy called DK, who has posted the most wonderful before and after photos (you have to register to view the forum, but it is free). Very encouraging. So many are healing. I know it won't be long for me now.

I am dropping another puff on the inhaler starting today. My lungs feels ready for it. More about that in a future post.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Good luck with the inhaler Louise . I was able to stop my steroid inhaler ( budesonide) 1 week into TSW. I am at 2.5 months now of head to toe withdrawl with a long way to go. My chest has been good but I still use salbutamol puffer (bronchodilator ) I still have asthma and always will, the topical steroids simply made it worse. It is winter where I live and I am anxious to see what my chest will do when spring arrives (many allergies) I hope I do not have to start the budesonide again but am prepared to do so as I need to breathe. I look forward to your next blog . Keep up the wonderful work and I pray you are near the TSW end. Rick :)

Louise said...

Hi rick,
The inhaler thing is a challenge, for sure, but hopefully worth it.

Thanks for he encouragement. X