Sunday 17 February 2013

Touching Lives

When I first decided to write this blog, I wasn't sure what would become of it. I wasn't even sure that anyone would even read it, but it was something that I felt I had to do, because so little had been documented about steroid withdrawal.

Back then, over a year ago now, I had no idea whether my efforts to be free from steroid creams would work, but whatever happened, I knew I had to record the outcome, whether it was good or bad. it was like a scientific experiment, but on myself.

Thankfully, the outcome has been positive. I am now at a stage where I can live a normal life and my skin is almost healed. Many new blogs have sprung up to create a wonderful blog network where people can get answers to their many questions about topical steroid withdrawal. Hopefully, our collective blogging experience will provide future generations with a more rounded out view of how this condition progresses and what to expect.

However, the biggest thrill I have had from blogging has been connecting with others. I have had emails from all over the world from grateful individuals telling me that the blog has helped them in one way or another. It is wonderful to feel that I have been able to help people by writing this. It has also been wonderful to have the privilege of meeting other red-skinners face to face to mutually encourage one another.

It feels like being part of something much bigger. Hopefully the medical community will catch onto the idea that steroid creams should be regulated and prescribed with more caution and that will benefit everyone.

Thanks everyone for their kind messages and comments that inspire me and keep me going.

No comments: