Tuesday 19 February 2013

Still Crusty....(photo)

Feeling really yukky today because I'm still crusty round my mouth. The kids are off school and its a lovely sunny day and I can't go anywhere because I look like a freak.
Truth is, steroid withdrawal is LONG process and it has a habit of lifting you up impossibly high and then dropping you down into a seemingly bottomless pit.

I am not posting this picture to discourage anyone, but those considering embarking on steroid cream withdrawal need to realise that it is not a quick fix. I can't wait to post some healed photos on here; my skin is obviously working overtime right now to heal itself. I still consider all this flaking a good sign that my skin is working hard to heal' a bit like a natural chemical peel, as it were!

My sympathy goes out to all the other red-skinners suffering. I wish I could shout out "Yay! 15 months and I'm healed!", but it looks like it could be a while yet.

Hang in everyone.

7 comments:

johnboy said...

Sorry to see you are going through this Louise .Seems to creep up on us just when things are going well . Same here . Was ok yesterday but i think the sun did me no good yesterday and today and it feels like im about to flare on my face and neck again . Was nice to get a break from it for a while . Hope your recent flare doesnt last too long and that you arent too down about it .Just like what you say to us all , "keep going " . BLESS YOU . Ty .

Anonymous said...

Louise,

You have given us some great healed pictures! You can take BUBBLE BATHS!!!! This is something unheard of by many of us.. and it really shows how far you have come. I know TSW on the face sucks. But you have come so far and you don't have much farther to go!!

Unknown said...

Hi Louise,
Although flare again, you look much better than before.
Does the flare still caused by the nitric oxide?

Louise said...

Thanks for your comments!

In reply to the question, yes, I do believe that nitric oxide causes the flares, even after a long time off steroids. dr Rap says that we heal once all the elevated NO levels have calmed down.

karman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ouise, hang in there..! *HUGS* even though my face looks really good now, it still get red patches that ooze and peel! it takes a really looooooong time i guess..

you'll get there..! stay strong!

Louise said...

Juliana, you know you are an inspiration to me and your blog was the first one I read about this. I am so glad you are finally doing better after all your suffering. You have helped me so much.

Much love. X