Monday 31 December 2012

Month 14....

My forehead and upper cheek are covered with tiny, oozy blisters. The skin is raw.

I was awake most of the night because my neck was wet. I am just wondering when I am going to get a reprieve.

I was on the Itsan forum today and I read a comment from someone who was reportedly healed after 3 years off steroids. She has just started flaring again.

I am seriously wondering whether complete healing is actually possible. Am I fooling myself here? Is there a chance that 15 years of steroid creams have done permanent, irreversible damage to my skin?

It is a sobering thought and only time will tell.Going back to steroids is not an option though.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please do not be discouraged and hope you will be well soon. Remember the happiness of being totally well and look forward to it. Read that you had been well between month 7 to 11 and this should serve as a reminder to spur you on. Thanks for blogging. Happy to you.

Emily said...

Hi Louise,
Hang in there, have faith, have faith and have faith, remember that we're alive and there's always hope. Mood will affect our skin too, I know it's hard. But we will and must win this.. God bless us..

Louise said...

Hi Lee and Emily. Thank you for your comments.

I just have to have a rant occasionaly.