Wednesday 21 November 2012

Month 13: Photo

I am hoping that my recent flare is finally over. My skin is still a bit dry and a bit pink, but the oozing has stopped. Here is my latest photo:
As you can see, there are areas of normal-coloured skin on my cheeks and under my eyes, but lots of pink areas too, especially on my chin and around my nose. My nose is the pinkest area, which is really weird. The pink bits on my cheeks show where I have scratched, so I have taken to popping a pair of socks on my hands at night. Although my skin is far from perfect, it has a much smoother texture and it feels so much better. I have dryness around my mouth in the mornings, so I patch it up with a layer of hemp cream and moisturise my lips with lip balm. I should mention that I am sitting in the house with the heating on, so I may look a bit pinker than normal. I am really happy that there are normal areas of skin trying to peek through.

The rest of me is doing great. I can't get over how good the skin on my legs is looking. The skin is normal and very soft. I KNOW that the rest of me will be the same soon, so it is really exciting.

The blog now has had 78,000 hits and lots of people are waking up to the truth about steroids overuse. The Itsan forum is welcoming new "skin warriors" every day, some of whom are writing their own blogs, which I am really excited about.

When I look at my readership, I get lots of visitors from Europe, America, Australia and Asia. I don't get many visitors from Africa. I suppose this may be due to their lack of access to the internet, I'm not sure. I know many people in Africa use steroids to lighten their skin, so steroid addiction must be a problem there too. I hope that those suffering from steroid cream addiction in Africa will be able to find the blogs and Itsan forum and get the help they need. The world needs to know about this.

No comments: