Friday 7 September 2012

Day 302: Progress Photos

I was hoping to wow everyone with some amazing skin photos now I have passed the 300 day milestone. Unfortunately, for the last 3 or 4 days, I have had a couple of minor flare-ups, so the pictures are not as great as I had hoped for. Still, I reckon they are quite good and they do reflect the progress that my skin has made.
Mug shot again! You can see that the flare on the one side of my face that I showed a few days ago has faded. The redness has subsided quite dramatically and the normal colour is returning. I have slight dryness around the mouth, which I treat with a little hemp cream.

My hands and arms are brilliant! More than happy with the progress here!


More perfect skin on my legs and feet!


My problematic neck is also improving, although the area just below this is a bit red and blotchy.

I just need my flaring areas to catch up with the good bits!

I still have blotchy rashes on my inner calves and inner arm. The rest of me is OK. I can hide the blotchy bits with clothing when I go out, but I like to try and get the sun on my arms to try and heal the few remaining stubborn bits.

I hope these pictures encourage those in the early stages of steroid withdrawal that healing IS possible. I used steroids on my face for 15 years and now I am getting my face back! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I know I still have a long way to go though. TSW is one S...L....O...W  process!

No comments: