Saturday 1 September 2012

Day 296 Theme Park Visit

Day 300 fast approaching.....

Went to Alton Towers for the day yesterday.

My skin coped fine, but I avoided the wet rides because water can still sting me a bit.

I used to have a problem with sensitivity on my face when cold wind blew on it, which would cause my cheeks to break out in hives, but this seems to have improved since I stopped the steroids, probably because the skin on my face is thickening up. I managed to ride the Flying Chairs with no breakouts on my face!

I am also tolerating cosmetics on my face, so I can look semi-normal again when I go out. I am still careful about what I use though, and try to use mineral makeup where possible and usually limit myself to a bit of mascara and lipstick.

Lots of baby steps add up to progress and I am moving forward every day.

No comments: