Tuesday 24 July 2012

Day 247

Yesterday must have been the hottest day of the year so far in the UK. About time too!

I took advantage of the sun by getting out and about. I was wearing my T-shirt so that I could get some sun on my arms. I noticed that the skin seemed to feel a bit tight when the sun was shining on it, but this effect was short lived.

This morning, I got up and noticed that the stubborn patches on the insides of my arms were fading, which is great, as you probably will have seen the picture I posted a few weeks ago of all the scratch marks down my arm. I think that the insides of the forearms and the insides of the calf flare more because of the blood flow the these areas and the effects of the Nitric oxide in the blood. These are my itchy areas that get clawed in my sleep!

I'm also really happy that the blistering on my palms is nearly gone. I will post some photos when I get chance, but have the kiddies off school at the moment, so I'm time poor. I know a lot of people get the blistering on the hands so I want to offer hope to those suffering that it will end.

I get a ring of dry skin around my mouth in the mornings when I get up, but a quick slick of hemp cream sorts it out. I think the pattern is similar to perioral dermatitis, which doctors acknlowledge as being caused by steroids, so I guess I am just waiting for the few final areas of troubled skin to vanish. The rest of my skin is the best it has been in years.

One of our healed "skin friends" Karen in Australia (I featured her story on this blog previously), has had her story published in the journal for the National Eczema Association in Australia. Many thatnks to Karen for sharing her story and thanks to the NEA for helping to publicise this condition, which so many people mistake for eczmea.

Itsan now have two official press releases, so the information is getting out there slowly!



No comments: