Thursday 5 July 2012

Day 228 Eco Friendly Cleaning

These days, I feel like I am just a few steps away from completely normal skin, but can never quite get there.

The skin has settled into a pretty calm phase all over. my face is calm, but still pink and my skin is nice and soft all over. I am definitely flaking less and leaving less piles of skin round the place!

Why can't I just jump the final hurdle? Maybe I am being greedy, but I really want my skin to be completely normal. This healing process is so mind-numbingly slow, it hurts.

A fellow TSW warrior, Karen, is a couple of month ahead of me and is now healed, so maybe I will follow suit and have perfect skin in a few months from now.

I think with this thing that you have to let your body just get on with it. The body knows best. many people try to speed up healing time using various methods, but maybe these methods actually slow down healing. The true healers are rest, water and a balanced diet.

I am trying to reduce the amounts of allergens in my home by using eco friendly cleaning products, rather than detergents and chemicals. I hope that this will put less stress on my skin and lungs and also help my daughter, who gets little patches of eczema on her neck and arms. I tried a new floor cleaner today called method wood for good. It smells like almond, so now my floor smells like marzipan. Yum.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Louise,

Would you mind posting a brief summary of what works the best for you, and what triggers flare up's? I just found a bunch of you guys who are blogging about this and started my own blog at: http://itchyred.blogspot.com/

Take care,
Jason