Thursday 21 June 2012

Day 214 Skin Changes

My skin seems to change so much with each passing week. It seems like there seems to be no typical pattern, just a "lucky dip" when I wake up and see what my skin is doing!

The TSW symptoms seem to be "on the move". In the beginning, my worst symptoms were on my face, neck and chest, where I used the most steroid cream. Now, 7 months into withdrawal, these areas are fading in colour, but my legs are in a really bad way. The wet wounds that I have had since January on the calves of my legs have turned into lots of tiny, fluid filled blisters, which are itchy and irritating and never seem to dry out. My legs are also very red and blotchy.

The good news is that at least I can hide my legs under a long skirt or pair of trousers. It is easier to hide your legs than your face!

I suppose it is all part of the weirdness of Red Skin Syndrome. I view the changes as positive, because at least it means that something is happening, which has to be a good thing. I am also seeing areas of normal coloured skin here and there, which is really encouraging.

1 comment:

Head Honcho said...

Can I ask, how long (years) you had been taking steroids and how much (once a day, once a week) thank you.

Maurice