Monday 6 February 2012

Day 78 The End of a Short Flare

Yesterday finally saw the end of flare number 4, which was short, but very uncomfortable, due to the sheer amount of oozing coming from my legs and neck. I woke up yesterday and felt a lot better, with most of the oozing having dried up and turned powdery. Even the stubborn patch on my leg had eventually crusted over.

Happily, this meant that I was able to have a pretty normal day yesterday. I went out for a couple of hours and was also able to catch up on chores in the house and cook a roast dinner without too much hassle, and I was also able to walk a lot better, as the edema has gone down in my legs. I do try and raise them whenever resting though, and with edema you have to make sure that you raise your legs above the level of your heart.

The redness has gone down a lot, but my skin still looks patchy. I have decided that I can't let myself be too bothered about what other people think of my appearance, otherwise I wouldn't do anything. It is hard though, especially when people make thoughtless comments like "Your skin looks bad today". I know it looks bad, OK? I don't want to be reminded of it when I am having a conversation! I have a friend who is particularly prone to putting things like this in her conversation, and it makes me want to avoid speaking to her, which is a shame, but I feel really self concious when I talk to people. I also hate seeing beautiful people on TV!

I plan to enjoy this end of flare period, hoping that I will get a good gap between this and flare 5. Flare 4 was the shortest flare yet, so with a bit of luck, I will get about a week of good skin now before the next one hits.

No comments: